Monday, September 3, 2012

Vaya Con Dios

My great grandfather, CP, trademarked this saying for me.  Before he got off the phone with anyone, he would always say vaya con dios ~ Go with God.  Take it how you like.  It means different things to different people I think.  For me, it's a way of saying farewell. Take care of yourself.  Be a good soul.  Pay it forward.  Take the the high road.

Yesterday my dearest family and friends gathered in a beautiful park along the river, under the most amazing steel suspension bridge, to share stories and good food, friends, laughs and goodbyes.

I cannot put into words how much I love these people.  Even though I only spent a few moments with each of them, some not even that, having all of them there together, with me, was the BEST GIFT I could ever receive.  The people that I share my life with are such a beautiful, kind, thoughtful, loyal, creative, entertaining bunch.  All of these people together are the sole reason I have such a rich and blessed  life.


It was fun to look around and see all of the different phases of my life I have shared with the guests spread across the lawn.  Aunts and Uncles, Moms, Dads, Childhood friends, Rodeo family, Co workers, Jr High friends, Neighbors and a few from somewhere along the way.





So, to all of you, who are a part of me, no matter how you interpret it, or what it means to you, just remember one thing ~ Vaya con Dios.

No comments:

Post a Comment