Monday, September 24, 2012

Camp Chef

Well, after 7 nights of bean & cheese baleadas, wheat thins with orange marmelade or beer for dinner, I decided it was probably time to lay low, and stay in and cook, like grown up 31 year olds do...

















Everywhere I travel, I somehow end up finding a creative way to create something similar to Eggplant Parmesan.  This has been happening for a few years now.  Until now, I've had toaster ovens to work with, which are quite handy!  At this new place, it's a microwave and a propane burner.  Take your pick! 

I've never really pan fried anything before, and clearly I've never cooked breaded eggplant in a pan!  After a few trial runs, I managed to produce a) a smoky kitchen  b) an edible creation, which in fact, was quite tasty!  Alex even stopped by and ate the leftovers! ha ha.


 



I'll need to work on the presentation a bit more next time...

6 comments:

  1. Not bad! What's the accompaniment; looks like polenta?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you need recipes you can cook in a pan let me know :-) The asparagus pesto pasta comes to mind, you can always do different veggies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work Henke!!! You have officially made a home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's too funny! Looks like camp cooking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shanyn is a genius! That pasta is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was watching Dr. Oz the other day and he had three no oven/stove recipes. http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/strawberry-microwave-breakfast-bowl

    Rondi

    ReplyDelete