Thursday, May 30, 2013

Immunity


In an attempt to be optimistic; I'm pleased to report that my immune system is quite strong.  So strong, in fact, that it has managed to fend off 2 rounds of antibiotics, and the infection in my ear/head is still here.


This is what my kitchen counter looks like



The only thing that is keeping me sane is knowing that I'm going to home for a visit in 12 days.

I returned to the Dr. on Tuesday, and explained to him that I was growing concerned that with this severe infection hardly healing, I'm getting worried about flying.  Not that I can board the plane, take off and then decide whether or not I can handle it.  It's sort of a risk that you take I'm guessing.  But still, it's entirely too painful right here in my office chair, so I'm guessing the answer to flying is NO!



My inspiration



He put me on 2 types of antibiotics, which I'll take simultaneously until close to my departure (that is our hope).  And of course, no diving, no snorkeling, no swimming.  I can't even get the ear wet in the shower.

It's amazing to me my body has been so resistant to the previous drugs.  I rarely take them, so I assumed there would be no problem with the initial intense round of 'Z-pak'.  Wrong!

Anyway, there has been lots of other things going on for me to try and focus on.  It's end of month at both of my jobs, so there are lots of deadlines to meet.  I'm thankful for that!  I've also been working on a few other projects; Upon my return to the island, there are some big changes in store.
 I'm really excited, and can't wait to share with you all!












No comments:

Post a Comment