Sunday, June 2, 2013

All Good Things Must Come to an End...

Remember the job I told you about?  The one that all pretty much fell into place a few weeks before I moved here?  The one that gave me the opportunity to visit and dive with resorts, sleep in lush hotel beds, swim in fancy swimming pools, eat lobster and schmooze with rich people?  You do?  Ok.  I gave my notice last week.

I've been given a tremendous opportunity to develop and manage the charity events and activities events for a resort here on the island!  I'm feeling very blessed that the opportunity arose, and super excited for the new endeavor.  I think it is just what I needed to put a little momentum in my work and a nice change of pace.



Believe it or not, I spent a fair amount of time alone with the other job.  Onsite and at home (the office).  I'm certainly looking forward to a little more social time and being around people a little more.

Other than that, I'm still patiently waiting to get back in the water and board an airplane.  Those two things are keeping me motivated right now!  The Doctor said I should be back in the water by this coming weekend, which means I'll be able to get a couple of dives in before I go home.  

It has grown extremely hot here, and there seems to be no end in sight.  It's maintaining a temp in the low 90's, but the humidity on top of it is hard to bear.  Let me just paint a little picture for you...

It is currently 6:00 pm
The actual temperature outside is 86 degrees
Humidity is a lovely 74%
Which makes the temperature FEEL like 96 degrees
There is a 60 % chance of rain... although this 'chance' has been going for 4 days now, and still no rain.


No wonder I almost puked on my morning run.




1 comment:

  1. I thought about you ladies running while I walked the 30ft to my scooter this morning and ended up dripping in sweat. There is nothing cute about this weather!

    ReplyDelete