Tuesday, March 19, 2013

A few people I'd like to introduce to you


I’d like to take time out to introduce some of the lovely people who host the blogs featured here on my blog.

And here you have it, in no particular order! 

Cubicle Throwdown http://www.cubiclethrowdown.com/ –  Rika, a fun, energetic, talented young woman who visited Roatan a year ago, and fell in love with the island.  After she returned home to Vancouver, Canada, she decided to find a way to turn her dream of living in Roatan a reality, just like me!  Rika is a certified Scuba Instructor, and shares many amazing tales of what it took to achieve her goal, and what she’s doing now.  Let’s just say, her hard work is paying off!


Grace Studio - Grace is a creative, imaginative, thorough, dedicated graphic design and marketing firm, specializing in SEO, Branding, Web Design and Photography.  She works hard with many businesses to give them an identity, and get them going in the often times daunting, internet world!  In addition to her endless creative mind, Grace is a powerhouse when it comes to thinking outside the box and making things work smarter, instead of harder.  I highly recommend her services, but also her blog.  It’s full of useful tips and the occasional dry sarcasm humor, which I may or may not have inherited from her!



Insights from a Screw-Up  http://screw-up.com/ – Sophie is one of those acquaintances that you did nothing to earn, but feel lucky you know the person that knows her kind of thing.  Sophie currently lives in Downtown Portland, one of the things still on my bucket list, where she hosts her therapy practice.  Sophie is a very down to earth, intelligent and admirable woman; one of the best things about her profession is she real.  Real world, Real Life, Real Woman.  Not the questionable ‘ok lie down on the couch and tell me about your childhood and why you are afraid of clowns’ kind of practice.  She gets it.  Reading Screw-up.com is refreshing, between her humor and her reality, it’s one of those blogs you love seeing the email letting you know she’s up to something once again…


 The Art of Non-Comformity - Chris Guillebeau; I don’t know this guy from Adam, in fact he is so new to my life, I really seriously don’t know a thing about him.  My mom recently shared his blog with me, and I typed in the link, saw his tag line is ‘The Art of Non-Conformity; Unconventional Strategies for Life, Work and Travel’.  Somehow I immediately navigated myself to an archived post of his titled ‘Ever Feel Like Giving Up?’, and immediately read the whole thing, feeling comforted that I am not the only one who sometimes questions if this lifestyle is ‘too hard’.  Thanks Chris, I can’t wait to become a regular reader!





The No Deco Duo http://thenodecoduo.blogspot.com/ – Marc and Ashley are a very sweet couple whom I met here on the island at the beginning of my stay.  They met during a SCUBA certification class, and after challenging each other over beers and a game of cornhole on their first date, Ashley did NOT have to do the limbo, but Marc DID have to take a dive trip with Ashley.  The rest is history, they're traveling around the world together working as Scuba Instructors in popular dive destinations such as Roatan.  They neat people with great tales to tell; and their pics are amazing!  Check it out! 



Simply Kissed  – Edith is an extremely gifted artist, who recognizes that she was given a powerful talent to serve with.  I met her at my best friend’s wedding, the weekend before I moved.  She was the photographer.  She has a keen eye, great knowledge of light, settings, tricks and managing large groups of people.  After becoming friends on Facebook, seeing other photo shoots and reading Edith’s blog, she has truly inspired me.  She is such a beautiful, humble woman who takes only a sliver of the pride she should take for her work, because she knows that it does not make who she is, it’s a part of who she is.  She is also a fantastic write, wife and believer.  I highly recommend subscribing asap!

No comments:

Post a Comment