Monday, June 30, 2014

A Dream Come True

I love those words rolling out of my mouth.  When something you've truly dreamed of actually comes to fruition.  It seems so surreal, and I love that feeling too.

So when I tell you 'I went to Indonesia' I say it with a a heart swelling breath of pure joy, that I sometimes still can't believe is true.  It has been a travel dream of mine for many years.

When my friend Krystal, here on Roatan, suggested a trip to visit our friends in SE Asia it didn't take long for the wheels to start turning.  Unfortunately, between the time Krystal bought her flight to Hong Kong and I had finagled a way to get the free time away, our friend's Visas were about to expire, and they quickly moved on to Australia to seek work in the diving world.  Before long, Krystal's trip morphed into a liveaboard dive boat in the Maldives while I was still himming and hawing over what to do.  When she explained to me she would be in the Gili Islands for part of the trip, I decided to head that direction and we began making plans to meet on a little tiny island called Gili Trawangan.

My itinerary morphed into this: LA - Taipei - Bali - Gili Trawangan - Nusa Lembongan - Bali; a total of 3 weeks in Asia!!!

But FIRST, I headed home for Mother's Day before traveling to Bali for the first leg of SE Asia.  I love surprising people with good surprises, and I knew my mom would be thrilled to see me, even if it was for only a few short days.  I went online and found a service that mails personalized greeting cards for you and sent one to mom telling her I was coming home for Mother's Day.

She and I tried hard not to make too many plans, which is very hard to do.  I want to do and see and drink and eat and shop and relax and chat with everyone and everything.  But knowing this was a quick visit and how easily time can disappear, I kept it low key and made time for my family first and friends next.  As always, it was an absolute pleasure to be home with all the beautiful familiarities that I love.

Mount Hood, Oregon's icon
Spring in the park

My Dad & His Grandpup

Oregon Countryside + Winery

Mothers Day Brunch

Spoiled views all around

Mother's Day in the park

Dad and I designed a custom leather wallet, for me!

My sweet & precious & loyal pup, Raylie

Willamette River, I grew up on this stretch of water

Morning hikes in the forest with 2 of my favorite ladies


Stay tuned for Part II of my dream come true!


No comments:

Post a Comment