Tuesday, April 23, 2013

If you think my story sounds cool...

You should meet Rika!

Rika and I met through a mutual friend here on the island, and it wasn't until I ran across her blog that I realized how much we had in common.

She and I are fairly close in age, and it just so happens we also found ourselves in the same situation, around the same time.  What situation is that you ask?  Living a life full of monotonous, everlasting days and weeks and months filled with the same routine.  Working our tales off to make someone else the big bucks, so we could get by.  Wondering if 'this' is what life is all about, and how ridiculously unexciting it will be, to live the next 60 years being living a 'normal' 'average' 'life'.

Rika began blogging long before I did, and has spent a pretty fair amount of time explaining what all goes into the execution of her plan to shake things up a bit, and pursue a life a little less 'average'.  A life some people only dream about.  A life she and I dreamt about, and decided to do something about that dream.  Breaking out of the 9-5 grind, settling down and marrying, buying a house (well, she was smart and I think skipped that brilliant part of the 'plan'), having a few kids, staying up until 1 am watching Conan O'Brien, folding laundry and planning meals for the week.  NOT that this is a bad thing.  It's just not meant for everyone.

And so it was born.  The initial blueprint for Rika's big plan... Cubicle Throwdown.

I won't spoil all the fun this girl is having, I'll let you all see for yourself;  Happy reading!  Just beware when reading... severe jealousy may possess your soul, leaving you slightly bitter, mumbling comments under your breath.  Just remember one thing; If you want it bad enough, you'll find a way.




No comments:

Post a Comment