Sunday, January 6, 2013

Brad Pitt, A Happy New Year & Dolphins?

While purchasing a ticket for a water taxi ride from West Bay last week, I met a couple of fellas who were in line to do the same.  Sean and Jason were visiting from California, separately with each's respective families.  On the airplane, their moms were seated next to each other, as strangers.  The 2 women quickly became friends, and eventually discovered they had rented houses on the beach NEXT DOOR TO EACH OTHER!  Both mothers were traveling with their sons, and a few other family members.  The families quick became friends, and spent most of their stay together, fishing, snorkeling, cooking and drinking. 

Sean and Jason were headed to check out the night life in the West End of the island (which is near West Bay, but too far to walk at night)  We all began chatting, and decided to head out together, in addition my friend Dane joined us as well.   Right away we had a ball, cracking jokes and telling stories.  In fact, Dane and Sean planned their future children's names out that night.  Their future dog has a name too.  Bronco O'Brien.

Sean & Dane's Family Planning Notes


Dane & Sean @ The Buena Vida



We happened to bump into the guys and their mothers the next morning, and their moms knew ALL about us from the night prior.  They were ready to take us home and start naming grandchildren I think!  It's obvious why we all had so much fun the night prior, their families were wonderful as well.

I couldn't help but notice how much Sean looked like Brad Pitt!  The next day, while flipping through pictures, I decided to post his profile pic on my Facebook page, and see if I got any takers.  This was really fun, and caused a bit of a stir.  My step mom even prepared a side by side comparison of Brad Pitt and Sean.  See below! 
              SEAN                                 vs.                       BRAD


After a couple of days of suspense, and some rather sincere begging from my father, I let a few people down easy.  It was not Brad Pitt.  (Sean was actually more handsome anyway!)  Fun was had by all; and my dad swears there were no wagers set between him and his wife...

New Year's Eve celebration was one to remember!  Infinity Bay hosted a fabulous beach party, full of people, live music, dancing, fire show and fireworks.  We had a fabulous time laughing, talking, dancing and carrying on.  The pictures speak for themselves...  Happy New Year Everyone!!! 

Dane and I celebrating New Year's @ Infinity Bay Resort

Palm Tree Fireworks

A & I ~ Happy New Year!




Livvy (short for Livingston), whom I met through friends at Infinity Bay Resort the same night as Sean & Jason, is a dolphin trainer here in the Caribbean.  Currently working with the dolphins here on the island at Anthony's Key Resort.  He made arrangements for myself, Dane and Karolina to join the excursion this afternoon and swim with dolphins!!!

It was such a fantastic experience, we couldn't wipe the smiles off our faces.  They have such personality and intelligence, it's amazing to see.  After we were introduced to the dolphins and learned a little bit about them, and have our picture taken, we got to swim with them for awhile.  It was great fun, they're very interactive and love to play and tease.  There were 4 babies in the swim area, that were about 4 1/4' long.  The full grown dolphins ranged from 6-8' long.  Wow!

Karolina, me and Dane.  Oh, and Dixon!

Dixon giving kisses


At one point while swimming with them, a little baby and I made eye contact.  She swam by me slowly, watching to see my next move.  I turned on my side, and kept eye contact with her, and she turned and swam on her side.  We mimicked each other for a minute, swiming in a circle on our sides, then I switched, so she switched, and we circled together the other way before her mama called and she had to go!  It was such a precious experience.

The trainers warned us that sometimes the dolphins will test you, to see if they can get a reaction out of you.  If you respond 'well', they try harder.  I kept this in mind as it was time to leave the swim area, and the largest dolphin in the pen approached me, with his mouth wide open!  Soon, my calf was in its mouth; though the teeth were soft and his touch was gentle.  Soon it was just above my knee he decided to try next.  The trainers laughed and said they weren't ready for us to leave ;)  The rest of the pod came rushing by, like Tom Cruise in Top Gun, attempting to buzz the tower one last time.  Ha ha ha!

I'm so thankful for yet another amazing experience on the island.  I am so blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment